Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Safeway Bakery 1 Birthday Cakes

Baiyu

Day Off, Forced. No bus to continue our path: the next is tomorrow at 6:30!
Hoping to find him in celebration, I decided to return to the monastery of Baiyue. Alas, it is quiet and deserted ...
The monks go about household chores, without enthusiasm. I visited a few rooms where young monks confectionnent statues liturgical yak butter (linked with barley flour).


I am hailed by a young Tibetan, a brush on the ear after training in the basement of the temple. Six or seven young people are there who make great decorative paints (tangkas) for the monastery. The canvases are stretched vertically (2x3 m), scaffolding is installed and the painters are busy with their tiny brushes: miniatures of 6 m²!

These kids are cheeky and mocking, but I admire their work, I show them my little book of Buddhist pantheon. They are interested in Tibetan texts and engravings. I take pictures of them and their webs. The climate has changed when I left them and they me accompany the square.

then I go down into another basement where Tibetan confectionnent paper in large trays and engraved in the light Updated wooden plates for printing woodblock: mantras and images of deities. It's beautiful work. I bought three old mantras.

In return, I noticed some beautiful Tibetan carpets drying on a balcony. I hailed the young woman on the terrace, showing him the carpet. She goes and tells me to open my mother, who allows me to admire the carpet near and greeted me in her kitchen. She offers me tea butter churn it with a blender! It is very good. Then she offers a delicious sweet tsampa and a big bowl of yogurt (yak). I enjoy it! What a warm welcome!


During this extended visit, Regine stayed in town, joined the small Chinese restaurant that serves as a canteen for two days and joined a trio of women for making ravioli chain ... with chopsticks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment